Tax Resolution Expert Barry G. Fowler, EA Offers Holiday Finance Tips
Tax resolution expert Barry Fowler recently discussed several ways that you can help responsibly manage your finances during the holidays
Houston, TX – November 7, 2012 – The Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays often bring out the best in everyone. However, the festive spirit can also lead to bad financial decisions if you’re not careful! Barry Fowler, EA, is a leading expert in tax resolution issues and the Founder and Director of Taxation Solutions, Inc. Mr. Fowler recently offered several ways that you can manage your finances responsibly during the holiday season.
“By paying close attention to your finances and being smart about your purchases and well-deserved splurges this holiday season, you can avoid the holiday “hangover” when the bills start coming in!” remarked Mr. Fowler.
Here are some things to consider:
Keep track of your charitable contributions:
– Do you have money taken out of your paycheck for charity? Always be sure to keep a pay stub on file. These charitable contributions are deductible only if you itemize your deductions using Form 1040, Schedule A.
– For any contribution to a charity of $250 or more, you must have written acknowledgment from the organization to substantiate your donation. Make you’re your receipt includes the amount of cash, a description of any items you contributed, and whether the organization provided any goods or services in exchange for the gift.
Take advantage of tax benefits before the end of the year:
– Consider paying your home’s property taxes by Dec. 31
– Thinking of buying a car? Buy before the end of year to take advantage of any tax breaks.
– There’s no need to buy expensive ribbons and bows to decorate your packages. If you hunt around, you can find the cheap stuff that will be just as pretty! Also, don’t be afraid to be creative with items that you may already have!
– If you’re cooking multiple meals during the holidays, think ahead and think big – Stocking up on things like baking supplies and buying in bulk can really help keep your costs down…and if there’s a little more than usual, your family will thank you!
Because of his expertise and contributions to his profession, Barry Fowler will be featured as one of America’s PremierExperts® and Trendsetters in Inc Magazine. Additional information about Fowler and Taxation Solutions, Inc. is available at http://www.taxationsolutions.net or by calling the firm’s office at 281-463-3430. Taxation Solutions is a Houston, based company that services the local Houston area and the entire US.
About Barry Fowler:
Barry Fowler is licensed to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and is a longstanding member of several tax industry professional organizations including the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), National Association of Tax Preparers (NATP), Texas Society of Enrolled Agents (TSEA), and the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS). With experience in the tax and finance industry spanning over twenty years, Fowler’s expertise includes tax resolution, personal financial planning, tax return preparation, financial statements, and general ledger bookkeeping. He has been instrumental in helping hundreds of people resolve complex tax issues with the IRS.
Fowler’s Taxation Solutions, Inc. reaches out to people throughout the entire United States. With a genuine concern for the IRS issues his clients face, he states, “We are here to help them (clients) fight the IRS. We are experts in this industry and our knowledge surpasses most tax firms. We will do what we say we will do. We do not give our clients empty promises and we stand behind the promises we make. We look at each case objectively and honestly convey to our clients their best options. We have been highly successful in exceeding our clients’ expectations.” He continues, “I started Taxation Solutions, Inc. because I was seeing people experience more and more tax problems and I wanted to provide a way to address this growing trend. I believe the thing that makes us different than any other tax resolution service is the knowledge of our staff and the fact that we follow through on what we say.”