Tax Resolution Attorney Anthony Parent Publishes Article Discussing The 2012 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative
Anthony Parent, tax resolution lawyer, urges taxpayers with assets overseas to come clean now, rather than risk severe penalties down the road.
Wallingford, Conn. – July 17, 2012 – Anthony Parent, founder of IRS Medic, recently wrote an article discussing the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative. In this article, found on his website http://www.IRSMedic.com, titled “The 2012 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative: Come Clean… or Else!” Mr. Parent urges taxpayers to come clean while they have the opportunity.
Anthony writes “The IRS is working hard to ensure that Americans are unable to “hide” assets overseas. While failing to disclose assets located overseas has always been a violation of the tax code, in recent years the IRS has mounted a serious effort to ensure that all foreign assets are disclosed—and taxed.”
Anthony Parent is the founder of IRSMedic, and managing partner of Parent & Parent LLP, a boutique tax law firm dedicated to working with those with IRS issues and disputes. He is routinely quoted on tax issues in the local and national media, mostly recently in the Wall Street Journal, Smartmoney.com, Wall Street radio, Fox CT and the Hartford Business Journal. He has developed streamlined tax solving systems to ensure the optimum result each and every time.
Anthony is also the co-author of the forthcoming book, Protect and Defend: Proven Strategies from America’s Leading Attorneys to help you Protect and Defend Your Business, Family and Wealth.
To read the entire article please visit http://www.irsmedic.com/2012/06/29/the-2012-offshore-voluntary-disclosure-initiative-come-clean-or-else/
To learn more about IRS Medic, please visit http://www.IRSMedic.com
More about Anthony Parent:
Anthony works primarily on cases involving difficult tax problems. His day-to-day practice includes:
• Audit representation
• Bankruptcy consultation and filings
• Tax refund claims
• Comprehensive solutions for those who cannot pay their back taxes
• Offshore Bank Account disclosure
Anthony’s academic credentials include:
• J.D. – Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Internship – Marty Zeldis, Esq. of the Connecticut Public Defenders Appellate Division
- Awarded CATIC (Connecticut Association of Title Insurance Co.) award for Real
Estate Law academic achievement
• B.S., Finance – Southern Connecticut State University
- Managing Editor of the Southern News
- Legislative Intern for James A. Amann, Insurance Committee co-chair
His professional qualifications include:
• Admitted to US Tax Court
• Admitted in Vermont
• Admitted in Connecticut
• Active in:
- American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
- Conn Society of CPAs
- New Haven Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association