NATIONAL OPIOID CRISIS EXPERT, DYNAMIC SPEAKER AND AUTHOR, DR. JOHN ROSA WRITES ABOUT THE HEALTHY BENEFITS OF SUN EXPOSURE ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS AND ENCOURAGES REGULAR EXPOSURE TO SUNSHINE.
Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker shares current research about death tolls from vitamin D deficiency, new CDC understanding about the sun and the use of sunscreen and how boosting levels of vitamin D from sun exposure could eliminate opioid addiction.
ROCKVILLE, MD. August 20, 2021: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new article on his website entitled “Consider The Sun A Good Friend And Spend A Little Time With It Regularly.” Dr. Rosa covers a lot of information and shares valuable research in his latest article
Dr. Rosa acknowledges, “I don’t know if the numbers of deaths as a result of insufficient Vitamin D levels include those who died of drug overdoses or not, but either way the numbers are pretty shocking. “Studies in the past decade indicate that insufficient sun exposure may be responsible for 340,000 deaths in the United States and 480,000 deaths in Europe per year, and an increased incidence of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, autism, asthma, type 1 diabetes and myopia.”
As Dr. Rosa notes, “More recently scientists and researchers are studying the effects of Vitamin D on addiction with interesting and hopeful conclusions.” He shares some research conclusions, “After analyzing human data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, the researchers found that those with insufficient vitamin D levels (less than 20 ng/ml) were more likely to use opioid painkillers and more likely to be diagnosed with an opioid use disorder than those with sufficient vitamin D levels.” https://www.paintreatmentdirectory.com/posts/vitamin-d-deficiency-increases-risk-of-opioid-addiction-and-worsens-withdrawal-symptoms
“Could it possibly be that a daily dose of sunshine could decrease the daily desire or need for opioids?” Dr. Rosa asks. He follows up with another question. “And, if that is the case, is it possible to convince those who are currently dependent on opioids to expose themselves to the sun on a daily basis?” He continues adding, “I understand the difficulty this poses with the elderly who are bedridden, however, the younger, still functioning population are the more likely targets for this type of therapy.”
Dr. Rosa reminds readers, “We have turned into a society who shuns the sun. We’ve become terrified of the life-giving properties of the sun. We’re more afraid of skin cancer than we need to be.” He elaborates, “Recent research is showing that using sunscreen is not preventing melanoma, but it is depriving those who use it of making Vitamin D. He shares, “For the past 50 years, in the name of skin cancer prevention, the CDC has advised the American public to avoid sun exposure and to apply sunscreen daily even on cloudy days. During that time, the incidence of melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, has increased by 300%, indicating that the CDC’s understanding of the relationship between skin cancer and sun exposure is incorrect. Scientific discoveries in the 21st Century have shown that insufficient sun exposure has become the nation’s second-largest public health problem after cigarette smoking.”
Read the entire article at LINK HERE
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation device to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals from opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently co-producing PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
- Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Co-Producer of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other than medication