NATIONAL OPIOID CRISIS EXPERT, DYNAMIC SPEAKER AND AUTHOR, DR. JOHN ROSA REVEALS PRE-PANDEMIC STUDY RESULTS SHOWING THE MOST LIKELY PATIENT TO OVERDOSE.
Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker speaks to pre-pandemic vulnerabilities to drug overdose revealed in a recent study while suggesting that post-pandemic studies will likely reveal very different results.
ROCKVILLE, MD. February 17, 2022: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled “Which Pain Patients Are Most Likely To Overdose.” Dr. Rosa emphasizes that the information he provides in his blog is pre-pandemic.
Dr. Rosa states, “In one of my go-to sources, I read about a very recent study published in JAMA that “looked at almost 237,000 patients in Oregon who filled a prescription for opioids for the first time in 2015 and followed those patients until the end of 2018 to determine which patients were most vulnerable to fatal or non-fatal opioid overdoses.” https://www.paintreatmentdirectory.com/posts/the-pain-patients-most-likely-to-overdose-on-opioids
He writes, “Let’s keep in mind that this information pre-dates the pandemic. And,” continues, “even though attention has shifted to focus on pandemic-related deaths, the fact is that overdose deaths rose 30% in 2020. That means that 100,000 Americans died of opioid overdose just during the first year of the pandemic.”
“So, prior to the pandemic, who were the most vulnerable to overdoes according to the study?” he asks. “Surprisingly,” he reveals, “the patient who is most vulnerable to overdose, according to this study, is a black male aged 75 or older who lives in a rural area, has comorbid psychiatric and medical conditions, Medicaid and/or Medicare Advantage insurance, who is prescribed long-acting tramadol at a high dose for more than 7 days.” https://www.paintreatmentdirectory.com/posts/the-pain-patients-most-likely-to-overdose-on-opioids
According to Dr. Rosa, “The sad truth is that people of all ages, all ethnicities, all economic groups, with or without a psychiatric history or medical comorbidities, who are prescribed any of the opioids are vulnerable to addiction and overdose. More than 800,000 people, loved ones, mothers, fathers, sons and daughters, sisters and brothers have experienced fatal overdoses.”
Read the entire blog at: link here
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation device to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals from opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently co-producing PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
- Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Co-Producer of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other than medication