National Opioid Crisis Expert, Dynamic Speaker And Author, Dr. John Rosa Highlights Shocking And Heartbreaking Suicide Statistics For Mental Health Awareness Month.
Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker calls for greater and continuous awareness of mental health issues that are more and more frequently leading to suicide.
ROCKVILLE, MD. May 18, 2022: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled “During Mental Health Awareness Month We Must Address Suicide And Substance Abuse Disorder (SUD).” As an advocate for drug-, and surgery-free pain relief, Dr. Rosa acknowledges the inseparable connection between mental health and substance abuse issues, both of which are currently stigmatized.
Dr. Rosa states, “Mental Health issues have exploded throughout the country during the pandemic. Just about everyone has felt the stress of ongoing life and death concerns related to COVID-19 and its variants.” He continues, “More and more people are crumbling under the pressure and experiencing depression from mild to serious. But some groups of people are more vulnerable to chronic stress than others especially young people and those struggling with a substance use disorder (SUD) as well as those who suffer from chronic depression and other mental health issues.”
Dr. Rosa shares the shocking statistics from save.org, writing that, “In 2020, 45,979 Americans died by suicide.”
He then lists the most current statistics:
Suicide is the 12th leading cause of death in the U.S.
Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-old Americans.
Every day, approximately 125 Americans die by suicide.
There is one suicide death in the US every 11.5 minutes.
There is one suicide death for every estimated 25 suicide attempts.
There are approximately 1,149,475 annual attempts in the U.S. (using 25:1 ratio) or one attempt every 27.5 seconds https://www.verywellmind.com/college-and-teen-suicide-statistics-3570768#citation-1
As Dr. Rosa notes, “The statistics are shocking and heartbreaking. We can no longer sweep mental health nor substance abuse under the rug and pretend they doesn’t exist. Both are mainstream problems and are interrelated and must be addressed openly.”
Read the entire blog at: link here
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture, and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating college, professional and Olympic athletes. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
- Northeast College of Health Sciences – DC 1992
- Rutgers University – BS 1989
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Board Chair to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Trustee of Northeast College of Health Sciences for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service.
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions up to 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation devise to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals form opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Chief Science Officer – Get A-Head – a SaaS platform company that provides a telehealth application in training and delivery of mental health care while incorporating cutting-edge AI technologies
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate/Consultant
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA, FDA, FBI and U.S. Postal)
- State, National, and International Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- ⦁ Currently working on PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
Current Research and Publications:
- New-Life Solutions – Research medical director for “The H.O.P.E. Initiative for Addiction”
- Italian Chiropractic Association – Member of the Scientific Research Committee
- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics
- “Changes in Opioid Therapy Use by an Interprofessional Primary Care Team: A Descriptive Study of Opioid Prescription Data” by John Rosa, DC and Jeanmarie R. Burke, PhD
- Published: April 17, 2021
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Lectures to community, corporations, universities and medical community on the opioid and mental health crises have reached over 100,000 people.
- Production of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other then medication