National Opioid Crisis Expert, Dynamic Speaker And Author, Dr. John Rosa Encourages Readers To Take Stock Of And Strengthen Inner Attributes.
Dr. John P. Rosa, national opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker writes about the attributes of recovery and resilience and suggests that they are both processes that can continuously be developed and strengthened throughout life.
ROCKVILLE, MD. September 29, 2020: Owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics and opioid crises expert, Dr. John Rosa, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “Recovery Is Resilience,” in which Dr. Rosa talks about the inner qualities that cultivate resilience.
Dr. Rosa states, “Recovery is a process. So is resilience.” He goes on to add, “In fact, you can’t have one without the other! Both, recovery and resilience are processes that ultimately blossom into life’s most useful skills. No matter where you are in your recovery, resilience can continuously be fine-tuned.”
“The quality of resilience,” says Dr. Rosa, “has been defined as “the ability to mentally or emotionally cope with a crisis or to return to pre-crisis status quickly. Resilience exists when the person uses “mental processes and behaviors in promoting personal assets and protecting self from the potential negative effects of stressors.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_resilience
As Dr. Rosa points out, “Without question, everyone, whether in recovery or not, can benefit from taking stock of their inner reserves during these difficult times and turn their attention to developing greater resilience. For those of you in recovery,” he encourages, “do not despair. There are very specific actions you can take – echoing the steps toward recovery – that will carry you forward and strengthen your resilience. All behaviors can be exercised, and like muscles, these behaviors, when consciously exercised will be strengthened in your daily life.”
Read the entire blog at https://www.drjohnrosa.com/recovery-is-resilience/
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Best selling author
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction